Thursday, November 7, 2013

starbcks man

Trying and failing to NOT burn my tongue while I sipped at a steaming cup of Starbucks, I turned the page of the most disturbing book I've read to date! My thoughts:  engaged in the subject of 'how'? How could the killer be so numb and unfeeling? How did he manage to be so sick in the head? How was he raised? How to NOT raise children to be like him? How to keep one's self from being the victim of such madness? And I slowly unveiled answers to these questions as I finished a line, a paragraph, and flipped another page. Minutes flew past me, as I found myself slipping into a plain where time feels immeasurable.

My concentration was at its height!

But even then, I couldn't ignore the awful disturbance coming from the far right, and my thoughts were halted. My eyes subconsciously glared in the direction I heard the ruckus coming from, and my eyes landed on an obese man who looked like he was in his early 30's. The man barely fit in his suit,  straining buttons each time he heaved on his straw. And that's what the ruckus was! It was straw-sucking! And this man was sucking with his whole body of to get the last few drops of the tall macha latte he had ordered, as if consuming the few remaining molecules of his beverage were a life and death matter! Ugh! There's hardly a drop left in your cup, greedy pig!  I mentally yelled at him, as I turned back to my book. But right when I thought I had peace again, I hear this very heavy breathing coming from said direction. I turn my focus to Mr. Annoying, and there he is, with mouth half open,  breathing loudly as if it would help his digestion. Or perhaps he had exhausted himself from all the exertion from straw-sucking! Or something!!

THEN, as if that weren't enough, he began to mumble all to himself.... loud enough for me to be distracted from the most disgusting book EVER, but not loud enough for me to comprehend the mumblings that spilled out of his mouth in a steady stream of annoyance!

I made a face. I counted to ten. Then I counted to twenty. And then I just gave up trying to read all together. Becase now, he had my full attention as he shuffled in his seat, reading aloud the book he had on his table!!!!

Quiet Starbucks time ruined!!

No comments:

Post a Comment